September 2018 Minutes
LITTLE RIVER COUNTY HOUSING AUTHORITY
QUARTERLY BOARD MEETING
Thursday, September 6, 2018 at 2:00 pm
The Quarterly meeting of the Board of Commissioners of Little River County Housing Authority was held on Thursday, September 6, 2018@ 2:00 pm at the Housing Authority Community Room in Foreman, AR.
Members present: Chairman Tommy Greene, Vice-Chairman Joel Adams, Commissioner Barbara Brown, and Secretary Denise Riley.
Members absent: Commissioner Darrell Coker & Resident-Commissioner Rebekah Adkison.
ITEM I) Meeting was called to order by Chairman Tommy Greene. Invocation was led by Chairman Tommy Greene
ITEM II) Roll call by Secretary Denise Riley
ITEM III) Chairman Tommy Greene briefly discussed the review of the By-Laws. From his perspective, the By-laws are outdated. He wants all Board members to review the By-laws and if anything needs to be amended, we will discuss at the next meeting. Commissioner Greene also suggested that Board members review the Board Commissioner's Handbook.
ITEM IV) Reading and approval of Previous Minutes: Minutes of the previous meeting were read. A motion was made by Commissioner Barbara Brown to accept the previous minutes. Seconded by Commissioner Joel Adams. All were in favor. Motion carried.
ITEM V) Executive Director Reports:
- Election of Officers: Officer elections were voted on by ballot. Commissioner Tommy Greene was elected as Chairman and Commissioner Joel Adams was elected as Vice Chairman.
- Term Renewal of Board Commissioner Tommy Greene: Term renewal was voted on by ballot. Commissioner Greene's term was renewed. October 1, 2018-October 1, 2023.
- Financial Reports: Denise Riley gave each Board member a copy of the Financial statements for the General Operating, CFP and Housing Choice Voucher programs for review and comments.
- Employee Raises: Denise Riley made a recommendation to the Board to approve a 2.5% raise for all eligible employees. After a brief discussion, Commissioner Joel Adams made a motion to give employees a 2.5% raise. Seconded by Commissioner Barbara Brown. All were in favor. Motion carried.
- Signature Authorization: Denise Riley made a recommendation to the Board to approve the Administrative Assistant to sign the Executive Director's payroll time sheets and travel vouchers. After a brief discussion, a motion was made by Commissioner Joel Adams to approve the Authorization allowing the Administrative Assistant to sign ED's timesheets and travel vouchers. Seconded by Commissioner Barbara Brown. All were in favor. Motion carried.
ITEM X) Unfinished Business: They Emergency Grant application has been completed and submitted to HUD. The Housing Authority is requesting $553,866.00 to fix drainage issues in Foreman and Ashdown.
ITEM XI) New Business:
- Denise Riley provided a copy of the preliminary FASS score report to each Board member.
- Denise Riley informed the Board of Commissioners that Audit proposals have been sent out and the deadline for submitting proposals to the Housing Authority is 9/07/18.
- Denise Riley informed the Board of Commissioners that the Agency was currently using Express Employment Services and we have three new Maintenance employees working.
Having no more business, Commissioner Joel Adams made a motion to adjourn. Seconded by Barbara Brown. All were in favor. Meeting was adjourned.