March 2019 Minutes
LITTLE RIVER COUNTY HOUSING AUTHORITY
QUARTERLY BOARD MEETING
Thursday, March 21, 2019 at 2:00 pm
The Quarterly meeting of the Board of Commissioners of Little River County Housing Authority was held on Thursday, March 21, 2019 @2:00 pm at the Housing Authority Community Room in Foreman, AR.
Members present: Chairman Tommy Greene, Commissioner Barbara Brown, Commissioner Darrell Coker, Guest Steve Clark of SE Clark & Associates and Secretary Denise Riley.
Members absent: Vice-Chairman, Joel Adams & Resident Commissioner, Rebekah Adkison.
ITEM I) Meeting was called to order by Chairman Tommy Greene.
ITEM II) Roll call (visual)
ITEM III) Reading and approval of Previous Minutes: Minutes of the previous meeting were read. A motion was made by Commissioner Darrell Coker to accept the previous minutes. Seconded by Commissioner Barbara Brown. All were in favor. Motion carried. Chairman Tommy Greene has requested that Board minutes be sent out to all Board members prior to meetings.
ITEM IV) Steve Clark with SE Clark & Associates spoke with Board members on RAD (Rental Assistance Demonstration) and Section 18 Repositioning. Mr. Clark also presented the Board members with Financial & Cost Analysis for our agency. There were many questions and much discussion from Board members. Chairman Tommy Greene suggested that Denise Riley contact other HA's that are converting to the RAD program to see what their experiences are with the conversion.
ITEM V) Executive Director Reports:
Adoption of Bed bug policy: Denise Riley had previously mailed the proposed Bed bug policy to all Board members for review. After review, members concluded that a clause in the policy needed to be amended. Once notice is received by the Housing Manager, residents may not, at any time, deny the exterminator or Housing Authority Staff access to the unit. Refusal to allow exterminator to exterminate and/or failure to comply with instructions necessary to exterminate will result in the tenant being charged $125.00 for the cost of the exterminator call. Add lease termination clause in its place. A motion was made by Commissioner Barbara Brown to adopt the proposed Bed bug policy with necessary corrections. Seconded by Commissioner Darrell Coker. All were in favor. Motion carried. Bed Bug policy will go into effect as soon as necessary corrections have been made.
- Raise Petty Cash funds: Denise Riley presented the Board with a proposal to raise Petty cash funds from $50.00 to $75.00. The Ashdown office uses petty cash to purchase books of stamps each month. In January 2019 books of stamps increased to $55.00 After review and discussion a motion was made by Commissioner Darrell Coker to raise petty cash funds to $75.00. Seconded by Commissioner Barbara Brown. All were in favor. Motion carried.
- Financial Reports: Denise Riley gave each Board member a copy of the Financial statements for the General Operating, CFP, Public Housing and Housing Choice Voucher programs for review and comments. After review and discussion a motion was made by Commissioner Darrell Coker to accept the Financial reports. Seconded by Commissioner Barbara Brown. All were in favor. Motion carried.
ITEM X) Unfinished Business: There was no unfinished business to discuss.
ITEM XI) New Business:
- Denise Riley discussed with the Board that REAC is implementing new protocol for their inspections. One of the components is that PHA's will only get a 14 day Notice to get ready for the inspection.
- Denise Riley reported to the Board the work that was going to be done through the CFP in preparation for the REAC Inspection. Work to include: Tree services, fence repair, parking lot repairs and electrical work.
- Denise Riley also gave each Board Commissioner information about upcoming Commissioner's training at the AR Spring NAHRO Conference in Little Rock. The conference is in April 2019.
Having no more business, Commissioner Darrell Coker made a motion to adjourn. Seconded by Barbara Brown. All were in favor. Meeting was adjourned.